I didn't get the job, but was told to apply next time there is an opening because they really liked me and my talent/knowledge.
Knowing me (which most of you do) you can expect that I've already come up with a list of "on the bright sides."
- I most likely won't have to teach 5 or more sections of DEVELOPMENTAL math next semester.
- I have the opportunity to get an even better suited position in the future.
- I met some nice people: peers I'd only emailed before this process.
- I re-acquainted myself with a friend.
- Other adjunct math teachers have talked to me more since finding out I'd made it past the first interview.