Friday, October 23, 2009

Welcome to the World!

I am happy to announce my friend "C" and his wife "B" had their first baby: Lydia Charlotte! She was early (due on Halloween) but I know her parents were as sick of waiting as she was. She is such a blessed girl already! She has such wonderful people as parents (and an awesome "aunt Bailey").



I was waiting for her arrival to post pictures of the present I painted for her. I got the idea from a friend who likes to wood-burn and paint wooden items for people. She's made me a beautiful candle holder and that wonderful Math Wheel (see other post). B decorated Lydia's nursery in all things Dr. Seuss. They have blankets and sheets, they painted scenes to hang on the walls, etc. I thought that I could make a stool for the nursery that had a The Cat in the Hat theme with the hat's stripes on the legs. I love the way it turned out and I plan to make more of different themes for presents in the future. C and B said they love it. I hope Lydia loves it (eventually), too.
I really wish I could go meet her. Thousands of miles is very expensive! I hope to meet her before she turns one and I plan on seeing tons of photos!

1 comment:

  1. Lydia is so cute, and I really like your stool...it looks great in photos!

    ReplyDelete

Party in Daba Town

Swagbucks Search Engine