Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Follow-up On Trends

Thanks for all the great comments. I have receive other comments outside of the post as well. I appreciate the thoughtful and honest answers.

My personal response:
I guess I am about a 3 on the scale- I don't run from trends and I lean towards negative feelings about them. Most of the time I show interest in trends just to see what the fuss is about, but my standards are pretty high when it comes of devotion. I also run the risk of keeping my "favorites" to myself. I like to financially support bands/artists/authors who I like, and, if asked, I will give an enthusiastic answer and recommendation- I just don't volunteer the information on a regular basis.

I don't know that much about other cultures so I cannot answer those particular questions.

I believe it is mostly possible to make choices without influence or pop culture, but I don't think it is ever 100%.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I really enjoy supporting bands/artists/authors whom I like as well, with that mindset, too. I especially feel that way toward video game developers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you in that it's really fun to love something that hasn't been "discovered" and I find myself liking it less once everyone else loves it too...we're fickle that way!

    ReplyDelete

Party in Daba Town

Swagbucks Search Engine