Friday, March 26, 2010

Quotes from Class

I've needed some good laughs lately and so I gathered all the quotes I haven't had time to post. I will post these today and some more (from a different professor) are scheduled for next week while I am on spring break!

Student Quote:

"I have to self intersect... that always makes me uncomfortable."



Professor Quotes: (This is the same professor as previous Quotes from Class posts. He teaches Abstract Algebra and is also my thesis advisor. These should be read with a thick German accent.)

"So Gauss probably took out his ipod and his headphones were tangled for the thousandth time and he got fed up so he developed knot theory."

"Oh that's bad notation but I can't help it because it's in the book."

"We have five more minutes so we might as well go on. On the other hand we might as well quit."

"Here's a cute little theorem for you."

"And all of this is sort of bean counting."

"I'm 90% sure but I could be 10% wrong."

"You caught me on a pretty bad lie."

"...which is what you want, because all we have to do is factor, so we are done. At this point your calc students yell out 'But that's not what it says in the back of the book!' to which I say, 'Oh well!'"

"There's an annoying lemma coming up."

"Plus, I lost one of my contacts so I'm down on one eye."

Written on the board: "45 + 24 = too much"

"It's a good group but way too special."

"Who cares about small numbers? Screw 1, 2, 3, 4, 5."

"If this doesn't smell like free to you, then I don't know what does."

"I'm wearing sweaters with holes in protest of teacher salary cuts."

1 comment:

  1. He is just too funny! You should make a book of "Harlanderian Quotations"....or at the very least, a full sheet of them to give your classmates at the end of the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Party in Daba Town

Swagbucks Search Engine