Monday, April 12, 2010

Quotes from Class

More quotes from my Abstract Algebra class. Remember the German accent.

"This is an example of a bad proof. The best thing I can say about this proof is that it is probably correct."



"There should be a law: after 1000 times you shouldn't have to write square root of 2 or one half plus two thirds ever again. It would be illegal to write it after that."



"If you're lucky by the end of the course half your students know what you're talking about."



"Anything beyond x = 2/3 is too much."



"We always b**** about the bad students because they are always in your face, but there are many good students. I have to remind myself of this often or I'd shoot myself... but... I also have to consider my dog."

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have him for a teacher.....if only I like math....

    ReplyDelete

Party in Daba Town

Swagbucks Search Engine